I started by taking a pattern for a round-head puppet...
Honestly, the first attempt didn't look good at all. I filled in all the gaps to make it look the way I wanted, then cut it apart to make a pattern. The second attempt (above) was ok but not great. So I scrapped it and started again using the "Daly Method" I described before. From this, I got a great looking head! However, it didn't look anything like the head I needed.
Finally, I went back to the above pattern. I found if I turned it around, made a slight adjustment to what would now be the back, it actually looked like what I wanted.
So I have my head. For the body, I used my standard body. I spray glued the head and stretched the fleece fabric over it.
For the hair I wrapped yarn around my fingers 10-15 times, tied it into a bundle, and simply hot glued it in place. The hat is simply two pieces of fabric sewn together with wire glued into it for shape.